The SnugPak Lightweight Jungle Hammock
The decision between using a tent or hammock is a purely personal one.
But, in my opinion, once you have tried a hammock you’ll be hard pressed to want to sleep in a tent again.!
Modern hammocks are, without doubt, both comfortable and spacious and in this review I will be testing the [easyazon_link identifier=”B0054FA6DM” locale=”UK” tag=”blogsnugpakjungle-21″]Snugpak Jungle Hammock.[/easyazon_link]
If you have never tried a hammock or maybe tested one out many years ago you are in for a surprise:
my Snugpak Hammock camp setup
– they are extremely comfortable, well made and roomy, You will also find a built in mosquito net to keep you nice and bug free.
Modern technology and materials now mean you can get a high end hammock with all the trimmings in one, super lightweight carry bag.
You don’t need to carry around several bits of kit – a tent, fly sheet, poles and pegs, a mallet, a sleeping mat, a mossi net or a ground sheet – it’s all there in one lightweight carry bag – your survival hammock……
All good manufacturers consider the environment now, and the effect of someone setting up camp with a tent, even for a few days, will leave a footprint of dried and damaged soil and plants – using a hammock will completely eliminate that.
Hammock design also takes that on board the comfort of the user and add fitted bug nets, inside storage pockets and quality stitching.
I often use this particular hammock in my camp setup and it works very well, and has proved to be a good bit of reliable kit - here's the specifications:
The mosquito net is made from 20D Polyester with 1000 mesh per square inch, to prevent insects from disturbing your sleep.
• Manufactured from parachute nylon material to make this hammock lightweight and strong.
• Comes with a Suspension Attachment System including two steel carabiners, making setting up simple.
• Complete weight - 790g (includes hammock with net, carabiners, guy ropes.)
• Measures 275cm long by 145cm wide - to accommodate even the tallest campers.
• Max. user weight - 180kg.
As you can see in my video, the Snugpak Jungle Hammock is a good bit of kit and it definitely works for me
Lightweight and compact to take on any trip
Happy Prepping Folks.
* Enter your name & a valid Email address
* You will receive an Email titled 'Preppers Newsletter Subscription'.
*Simply confirm, and you've joined our community of preppers.